- 10-12 slices sourdough (thickly sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons White Truffle Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 2-4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 parts maple syrup
- 1 part White Truffle Pure Olive Oil
- The night before making the French toast, set out slices of bread and allow to become “stale”.
- In a shallow bowl (such as a pie dish), beat eggs, milk, syrup and White Truffle Oil together until well blended. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Melt some butter on a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary.
- Meanwhile, make white truffle syrup by combining two parts maple syrup and one part White Truffle Oil.
- Remove bread from skillet and serve immediately with truffle syrup.
Recipe created by Rebekah Fedrowitz, MHN Holistic Nutrition Consultant & Food Blogger